Monday, May 5, 2008

Good Bye Beloved Bunny ... Hello NEW Bunny!!

April 9, 2008
A day to remember for sure...We made a rare trip to Super Wal-Mart in the rain to quickly grab a few items and as we climbed into the van, drove quickly to a neighbor's playdate which we were late for and made the sad realization that Bunny went into the store...but never came out! I dropped off the girls with neighbors and raced back to search the parking lot and garbage cans, and retraced our path numbers of times...to no avail. I left my name with a desperate note to call me if Julia's beloved Bunny was found. About a year and a half ago when I realized how loved Bunny had become, I search high and low for a back up...even contacting the company...but discovered that the bunny was last made in 2005 and could find none left in the stores.  Auntie Max came to the rescue and, after hearing Bunny was lost, found several bunnies for sale on EBay!! So after a quick search for the best deal...a new bunny was on it's way from Yorkville, IL...9 miles away!! Julia still will tell you that "Bunny lost at Wal-Mart", but even this morning crawled on my lap and said, "Mommy, I love New Bunny!" and gave her a big squeeze! Mom and Dad are most sad about the loss, but Julia has taken to the new fluffy pink Bunny and has a healthier attachment it seems...not quite as dependant, which is a good thing.
Here are a few pics of her introduction to New Bunny...hesitant at first to its fluffy, pink appearance rather than the dingy, gray bunny she remembered!




No comments: